|Location||Reading, PA, PA|
|Date Posted||Apr 13, 2012|
I am searching for two experienced “Mill Engineers” for a large cement producer in PA and IN. Reporting to the Assistant Plant Manager, this position is responsible for monitoring and maximizing the Finish Grinding and Raw Mill operating and process systems. My client is one of the world’s largest suppliers of heavy building materials to the construction industry. They produce aggregates, ready-mixed and precast concrete, asphalt, cement and cement-related materials and a range of building products including concrete pipes, concrete pavers, tiles and clay bricks, employing 53,000 people across five continents and has leading positions in and is the global leader in aggregates.
If you have an interest in exploring this opportunity or know someone to recommend email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me at 828.545.1104. I am retained by my Client for this search and you will incure no fee for my services. Please visit my profile on LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/in/stevefox500yahoocom send me an invitation to connect and follow me on Twitter at: @stevefox500
Job title: Mill Engineer
Reporting to: Assistant Plant Manager
Location: North Central PA
Mission & role (only Top and Senior Management positions)
This position is responsible for monitoring and maximizing Finish Grinding area incl. all Finish Mills as well as the Packaging and Shipping operating and process systems.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the finish mills (and raw grinding) department.
- Review and analyze operational data to evaluate and recommend changes for efficient and continuous operation.
- Ensures management is aware of trends and operational issues in a timely manner and is responsible for communicating proposed solutions.
- Leads daily consultation with the Mill Supervisor to discuss and evaluate performance and the resulting impact on overall production.
- Facilitates operational approach to ensure production goals are met on a daily basis.
- Provide technical expertise to diagnose delays in operations, leading the efforts to remedy problems by taking appropriate actions to restore correct operating procedures.
- Advise management and operations staff on necessary adjustments and changes to protocols to minimize future incidents.
- Responsible for the implementation of corrective action.
- Collaborates with the plant Quality Control Department to meet product specifications and production goals.
- Participates and drives projects and communicates maintenance requirements with the plant Maintenance Department.
- Directs material handling maintenance projects.
- Analyzes and interprets finish grind data for other departments as required.
- Ensure maximum utilization and performance of all finish mill (and raw mill) equipment at the lowest costs.
- Responsible for cost control as well as achieving the maintenance and production cost targets in the kiln department.
- Ensure compliance with plant policies & procedures, safety, environmental, state and federal process regulations. Ensure compliance requirements are met through organizational and procedural measures including implementation of Group guidelines, performing trainings, monitoring compliance etc.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of mill and grinding systems.
- Participate in Total Quality management processes.
- Participate in the Department on call schedule.
- Administers Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Ensure cost reduction efforts are met consistent with the strategic plan.
- Ensure compliance requirements are met through organizational and procedural measures including implementation of Group guidelines, performing trainings, monitoring compliance etc.
- College degree in an engineering discipline.
- 3-5 years experience in cement manufacturing or completion of the EIT program
- Working knowledge and technical competency in the cement manufacturing process, with emphasis in the Semi Finish, Finish and Raw Milling areas.
- Detailed knowledge about process equipment interlocking.
- Significant knowledge of chemistry of raw mix, clinker and cement.
- Proficient in use of mechanical systems, control systems and diagnostic skills.
- Prior project management experience is a plus.
- Strong leadership and effective communication skills.
- Ability to set and administer clear operating and production targets.
- Ability to make timely, critical decisions, often under conditions of uncertainty and stress.
- Proficient with window based PC software programs. SAP experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of MSHA regulations and guidelines.
- Ability to interact as a team member in a Total Quality environment.
Copyright © 2011-2013 - MTSU CIM Department- All rights reserved. Website Design by Lexington Web Solutions, LLC