|Company Name||WR Grace – Verifi LLC|
|Date Posted||Apr 27, 2012|
Verifi creates and sells innovative control systems for managing the properties of concrete in a truck during delivery. We convert the large data sets generated from these deliveries into simple and useful tools that help our customers run smarter operations and design better concrete.
The position of Field Service Engineer (FSE) will be responsible for assisting with product installations, start-up services, training and long term support of our electro-mechanical and software products.
The candidate for this position must possess a broad array of knowledge including computer systems configuration, mechanical systems, pneumatic systems, 12/24 volt DC electrical systems, and hydraulic system principals. The FSE needs to understand the physics of cause and effect, and the relationships between these systems and the software.
The incumbent will be responsible for all post installation support, maintenance and repair of the Verifi system deployed at a customer plant. The individual will address issues either resolving them personally or coordinating their resolution through various partners or corporate resources. Candidate will also perform troubleshooting services to aid customers in resolving issues and help them achieve maximum potential from the Verifi solution.
The Field Service Engineer will be based at home spending approximately 75% of their time at customer sites. Extensive travel and schedule flexibility is required. During initial nine months, extensive travel (up to 75%) may be required. Long term travel requirements will be less than 25%.
• Develop a deep understanding of concrete and the concrete industry, most importantly the operations of a concrete plant.
• Conduct field audits for the purpose of defining customer specifications for product installations and pre-planning.
• Manage the overall installation of the Verifi system by third party installers and ensure the project is completed on time and within budget.
• Set up and configure the computer component of system including truck based configurations and custom gateway settings; document, track, maintain database of customer installation details, parameters, and configurations.
• Train drivers, plant batchmen, quality control engineers, sales personnel, and plant managers and owners of the use of system as well as the value of the system; guide the customer through adoption of the solution and the operational modifications required for success.
• Review performance and analytical reports to determine problem areas and develop resolutions. Coordinate problem resolution with other Verifi employees as needed always serving as the local liaison between Verifi offices and the customer’s location.
• Assist customers with warranty and other service parts requirements including, but not limited to, filing claims, reviewing coverage, tracking payments, and coordinating with providers.
• Recommend modifications and product changes to eliminate future problems; work with the R&D team providing input to new system designs or researching/testing concept of operation of new parts and providing input to improve reliability and performance of the solution and its components.
• Track and report against departmental metrics and benchmarking objectives; provide written reports, executive summaries, and other information needed to keep all levels of management informed of department progress.
• Observe all necessary safety procedures, both those of Verifi and those of host companies.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills at all levels within the organization
• Exceptional people skills; acuity in reading people
• Sensitivity in responding to employee stress during operational and job changes
• Adept at training others; able to distill complex information and present clearly
• Organized and detail oriented, particularly with regard to maintaining records
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Products
• Hands on Electro-Mechanical aptitude
• Experience with hand tools, power tools, meters, gauges
• Three to five years experience in field service
• Working knowledge of the Ready Mix Concrete industry a plus
• Four year degree in related technical field or industry preferred
• Associates degree or equivalent Military or other mechanical / engineering training will be considered
To apply, go to http://www.grace.com/careers
Copyright © 2011-2013 - MTSU CIM Department- All rights reserved. Website Design by Lexington Web Solutions, LLC